Acadsoc is a teaching platform where you can earn from 10,000 pesos to 50,000 pesos as an online tutor. This is a good opportunity especially to stay-at-home moms who cannot leave their children to work in an office. This gives you the benefit of working at home and taking away the stress of commuting to work. Anyone who has a passion for teaching can do this like moms, working students, or even dads who want to work while with their family.
FLEXIBILITY OF SCHEDULE
Here at Acadsoc, you can work part-time or full time, the best thing is, the schedule is very flexible. Meaning, you can set your own schedule. You will work as an English Tutor to foreign students here, so it requires patience and passion, this is not just an easy money-making job, but instead, something you can really call a job.
ACASOC’S BUSINESS PLATFORM
Acadsoc’s business platform works like this: they are being paid by students who want to learn English and Acadsoc hires teachers like you to teach within their platform.
GETTING PAID AT ACADSOC
Payment scheme is twice a month via PayPal. If you don’t have a PayPal account yet, click on this link. This is the reason why I recommend this as a full-time job opportunity because the income here is more stable especially once you got regular students who book your class.
EARNING HERE AT ACADSOC
If you work part-time like 4 to 6 hours a day, you can earn 8,000 to 16,000 pesos per month. While if you work full-time like for 8 to 10 hours a day, which, stay-at-home moms can benefit from, you can earn as much as 20,000 up to 60,000 per month.
APPLYING AT ACADSOC
Applying here also takes place online, so you don’t have to leave your house at all from applying, to sending requirements, to working. Everything takes place in the comfort of your own home. They also have an office in Alabang which you can visit for concerns. To apply online, click on this link then register.
Just fill up the form on the page that will pop after clicking the link above and make sure that you enter your correct and true credentials as fake details are not allowed. Skype ID is not required if you don’t have one, it’s still better if you create one. because in the online world or if you have a foreign client, Skype is a must. It’s also okay to work here even if you’re in any country.
Here is the basic application process in Acadsoc.:
- First is Skype interview. You’ll be interviewed with the Acadsoc HR. Don’t worry because they’re just basic questions like to tell something about yourself.
- After the interview, you’ll have a 5-minute mock lesson, where they’ll try your teaching skills
- After passing the Skype interview, they’ll give you an offer or rate. For newbies without certificates, it’s 90 pesos per hour as the lowest and it can go up to 130 per hour as you go along. You’ll know right away the result of the Skype interview. If you didn’t pass, you have to wait 3 months before reapplying.
- Training. After Skype interview. If you finished it in the morning, you can have your training in the afternoon or the next day. You’ll have your login details and the training kit is on the website. You can reschedule your training date if ever you’re not yet available.
- Last step is demo class, you’ll be having a class with a Chinese student. Do your best.
CLASSIN PLATFORM IN ACADSOC
This is how the teaching platform of Acadsoc looks like. This is the CLASSIN platform, but Acadsoc also uses other online platforms to teach. It depends on the student’s convenience. Acadsoc uses Skype, QQ, and CLASSIN.
Acadsoc also offers bonuses on top of your basic salary or hourly salary. Some of these I would explain:
- Completion bonus is per day.These are the rules for you to get the completion bonus. These are the percentages: 10 and 20 percent. There are rules for that though. If 40 percent of your students today gave you 5 star, you’ll get 50 percent bonus of your base salary.
- Perfect attendance bonus is per cut-off, unlike the usual here in the Philippines which is annual. If you get perfect attendance, you’ll get 1,000 pesos bonus.
- The other bonus that I know is the enrollment bonus. What’s the enrollment bonus? If you have a student first-time in Acadsoc and you taught them for the first lesson, if they decided to continue and register in Acadsoc, you’ll get an enrollment bonus. How much can you earn from that? You can earn 50 to 300 pesos in the enrollment bonus.
PERFECT ATTENDANCE BONUS
There are two types of schedule in Acadsoc or two types of packages. For long-time teachers who have a higher rating, there’s the third type which is a combination of fixed and flexible. Setting schedule is one week ahead. If it’s the first week of November today, you’ll need to submit a schedule for next week. They are mostly recommending for you to open classes from 6PM to 10PM or 7PM to 11PM. That’s for four hours. Why are they recommending that time? Those are peak hours in Acadsoc.
- The advantage for fixed, even if your student canceled their class or there’s no booking, you will be paid.
- For a flexible schedule, you’ll set your own schedule one week ahead. But here, unbooked classed are not going to be paid. This is for newbies. Most of the newbies are in flexible, where unbooked classes are unpaid.
- What’s with the flexible plus perks of fixed schedule? This is mostly for long-time teachers who have high ratings. They can set their own schedule and unbooked classes are paid too.
Each class lasts for 25 minutes only.
These are examples of lesson materials for students. Each box corresponds to each lesson. The one in yellow is the current class for your current student. It is arranged in a chronological order per student, so you discuss one lesson per day. Students may have different progress on this lesson chart than other students.